Whilst we are not presently looking to fill a vacancy, we are always keen to build long term connections to shape the future of our team. For an informal discussion about future opportunities don't hesitate to get in touch.
For your information below we include a typical job description for such a position at WWA Studios.
"We are seeking an ambitious Senior Planner within our well-established multi-disciplinary practice covering both our London and Oxford offices. You will either already be at a senior level or be an experienced planner who is ready to take the next step up. A varied caseload is available across a range of urban and rural sites with an opportunity to expand your planning skills and improve the built environment along with our award-winning architectural team."
Find Out What It's Like To Work At WWA
Key purpose of job:
To cover all aspects of town and country planning, including development control and planning policy.
Key job responsibilities:
- Promote projects with minimum supervision, ultimately responsible to Planning Director.
- Develop client relationship by providing advice upon strategy and progress of projects.
- To assess and evaluate policy within development plans and how this relates to development opportunities.
- To assess and evaluate Central Government Policy and guidance relating to development opportunities.
- To prepare initial feasibility analysis of development opportunities, having regard to the above matters.
- To prepare planning application submissions for development opportunities to include pre-application meetings with officers of Local Planning Authority. Co-ordinating other professionals involved in the project. Where relevant, careful monitoring of the planning application through the local planning authority Development Control Process.
- To be able to research the preparation of Development Plan documents, to identify the key dates when documents are to be prepared and published by Local Authorities for Public comment.
- To be able to assess draft Development Plan Documents and summarise policy proposals and issues advanced by Local Authorities and to analyse those having a regard to client requirements.
- Full understanding of relevant UK legislation as it relates to trees and planning.
- To complete representations on behalf of clients to emerging Development Plan
- Documents (Local Development Frameworks and regional Spatial Strategies whilst they are in existence), taking into account specific client requirements.
- Undertake meetings with clients to advise them upon potential success of a development opportunity and the progress of a current project.
- To manage planning appeals including preparation of evidence and co-ordinating other professionals involved.
- To administer enforcement issues including Enforcement Appeals and Lawful Development Certificates.
- Maintain a programme of CPD in line with the RTPI and West Waddy ADP requirements.
This list is not exhaustive
A competitive salary and benefits are on offer including flexible working, to the right candidate.
If you feel your skills and experience would be suited to these roles, please call us on 01235 523139 and ask for our Practice Manager, Wendy Kelly. Alternatively, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org